- Tentative workshop schedule posted
- Accepted papers posted on the workshop web site
- Please use the #CIS2010 hashtag when tweeting about the workshop
- Avery Jordan Morris was born on Dec 28th, 2009
- We received 17 position papers
- The CSCW 2010 Collaborative Information Seeking Workshop will take place in Savannah, Georgia, USA, on Feb. 7, 2010.
Although most digital information-seeking tools are designed for solo use, studies have
shown that groups of many types (e.g., students, families, and knowledge workers) have shared
information needs that are not adequately served by status quo technologies. This workshop
seeks to bring together researchers with backgrounds in CSCW, social computing, information
retrieval, library sciences, and HCI to discuss the research challenges associated with the
emerging field of collaborative information seeking. This workshop will serve as an opportunity
to make connections with researchers with diverse backgrounds, to learn about participants'
works-in-progress, and to brainstorm on topics of mutual interest, such as developing standardized
evaluation tasks for collaborative information seeking systems and considering how new media
such as social networking and microblogging tools can play a role in collaborative information seeking.
This is the second workshop we are organizing on this topic; the first workshop web site is
here and proceedings
have also been published on arXiv.org.